Flowers Across Australia
We currently have a casual role available at our workspace in St Peters.
Flowers Across Sydney www.flowersacrosssydney.com.au delivers flowers and gifts throughout Sydney. We are a busy and growing online florist dedicated to providing an exceptional customer experience.
About The Role:
- Monday and Wednesday mornings (with potential for more as we continue to grow)
- 7:30am - 11:30/12:30pm but may vary depending on workload
- You will be helping to unpack and process flowers as they arrive from the flower market.This is an essential role within the team as you will be making sure that the florists have what they need and ensuring that the flower stock managed effectively.
- Ongoing opportunities to expand into the role as more work becomes available. Due to business growth our last person in this role is now in a florist position - it's a great opportunity to get your foot in the door to the exciting world of online floristry!
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who is fast, efficient and very well organised, and is someone who thrives in a fast paced environment working with deadlines.
Your role will include:
- Assisting with unpacking and prep of flower stock when it arrives
- Rotating stock to help reduce waste
- Maintaining sink area, shelves, and storage in a clean, safe, and orderly manner
- Cleaning and stripping of foliage and cutting stems
- Cleaning and rinsing buckets
- Sorting and grouping flowers
- General prep work as directed by florists
- Watering plants
- Additional duties as needed
*If you own a vehicle and have a drivers license there may be additional opportunities for work delivering flowers on occasion.
Experience and Skills Required:
- Ability to follow and improve systems and procedures
- Well-organised with a high attention to detail
- Enjoy working in a fast paced role
- Able to work as a positive and helpful team member
- Able to lift heavy buckets to and from shelves
- Knowledge of flowers an advantage but not essential as training will be provided
- Those looking to get into the florist industry are encouraged to apply
If you have a 'can do' attitude, are high energy, like working in a fun environment, have flexible availability and are a 'place for everything and everything in it's place' type of person, we'd like to hear from you.
Why Flowers Across Sydney?
- We're an energetic team that thrives on busy days whilst having fun while we work
- We champion awesome teamwork
- We like to give the autonomy to make your own decisions and the ability to own your role
To be considered for this position it is essential that you include a cover letter outlining why you think you would be a great fit for this role, as well as a resume.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.
To apply, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org