- flower shops
- wedding floral studios
- specialist events & styling studios
PSF have been training florists at Certificate III for over 20 years. In this time we have developed an innovative approach to training. The content of Certificate III is grouped into logical learning groups or “Clusters”. Each Cluster focuses on a technical or workroom skill and is classroom based.
PSF course fees cover the cost of your training, your books, all your flowers* plus other materials as well as our Enrichment Program. Pearsons offers you two payment options for SFL30115 Certificate III in Floristry.
Your flexible study program
- 32 classroom days
- 2-6 hours per week of self -paced study depending on your program.
- Students are required to complete 5 days of work experience
- All Flowers, foliage, wrapping and tools are included*
- Classic 9 month program - attend class one day per week
When can you start your study program?
Pearsons has four intakes each year so you can start your program in either:
How long will it take to complete the Certificate III program and how many days do you attend class?
One of the features of the Pearsons Certificate III program is FLEXIBILITY. The typical Pearsons student is busy juggling study, family, and work so we have developed three programs offering you choice as to how fast you complete your studies.
- Classic Program – attending class one day per week over 9 months.
- Accelerated Program - attending class up to two days per week over 6 months.
- Intensive Program – attending class three days per week over 3 months
Note: All programs include three weeks where you will attend class an additional day – the first week, last week and one somewhere in the middle!
Which program will suit you?
When are classes held?
Classes are run on either a TUESDAY, WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY or SATURDAY.
Hours: 9 am to 5 pm
Note that class offerings will depend on student numbers and the time of year.
Where are the classes held?
50 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010 - View our location -
Our campus is centrally located in Darlinghurst, a 10-minute walk from the Sydney CBD. It is close to trains and buses with a number of parking stations close by.
Students should be confident with computers and may be required to bring a device to class. You will need to have access a computer, the Internet and a Printer at home.
Recognition of Prior Learning
If you have commenced floristry study at another institution or have experience working as a florist, you may be eligible for an exemption for some components of this qualification. Please contact our Enrolment Manager to find out if you are eligible for Recognition of prior learning (RPL) or Credit Transfer.
There are NO PRE-REQUISITES for this course. However, the Entry Requirements for this qualification are:
- Students must be over 18 years of age to enrol.
- Students must have the skills required to complete Certificate III (See item 12 Terms and Conditions of Enrolment). link
- You must be entitled to study in Australia (Australian or NZ citizen, permanent resident or hold an existing visa that entitles you to study in Australia).
What are the Terms and Conditions of enrolment?
Want to learn more before you enrol?
ATTEND AN INFORMATION SESSION - Attend a free information session to learn more about Pearsons School of Floristry courses and floristry as a career.
ATTEND A TASTER WORKSHOP - Experience the Pearsons difference and be a florist for the day in one of our purpose-built classrooms. (LINKS)
Can my training be subsidised by the NSW Government under Smart and Skilled?
To study with Smart and Skilled funding at Pearsons, applicants must be:
- 18 years old or over
- No longer at school
- Living or working in NSW
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
Pearsons only accept Smart and Skilled enrolments meeting the following additional criteria:
- Have a minimum of 8 hours of consistent work per week in the Floristry industry (paid or unpaid)
- be between the ages of 18-21 years old
You can find more information on the Smart and Skilled study option here on our website.
How to Enrol?
Simply contact PSF via phone or email to discuss your study options and pay your course Deposit.
E: email@example.com or P: (02) 9550 7755