Pearsons School of Floristry will implement the national requirements for the Unique Student (USI) and will adhere to all legislative requirements under the USI Student Identifiers Act 2014 and Standards for NVR Registered Training Organisations 2015 and any amendments; this includes all Privacy requirements.
- All students will be asked for their USI on enrolment.
- Pre-existing USI will be verified on enrolment.
- It is expected most students will be able to manage their own USI through the USI website. However, where a student is unable to obtain their own USI they can authorise a staff member to obtain an USI on their behalf by signing the Privacy Form.
- USI will be verified at enrolment
- USI must have been verified before issuing a qualification.
- The privacy of USI will be protected within all administrative tasks.
- Students will be informed as to when their new qualifications will appear on their USI record.
- A staff member will be designated to administer the USI system
- Staff will be will trained in all aspects of USI administration and access and computer security checked to ensure all unauthorised access is blocked.
- Information regarding obtaining a USI will be published on the website
Smart and Skilled – additional requirement
Students will be directed to ensure access controls are to allow the Department and the Provider the appropriate levels of access to their USI records.