Certificate III will focus your learning in the following areas
- Practical floristry techniques
- Hand tied designs
- Base medium designs
- Wired Designs
- Flower Knowledge
- Design Skills
- Working in floristry
Practical Floristry Clusters (3)
Remote induction program - two days working from your home.
Our goal is to start you off on your pursuit to go from flower lover to flower expert, building your knowledge about flowers and design. These sessions are completed prior to you starting your classroom program and are designed to enhance your classroom program.
Over these two days you will join a series of live sessions via Microsoft Teams. Between sessions you will complete a series of tasks and communicate with your trainer. You will be allocated key assignments with due dates running throughout our program.
- Flower Knowledge
- Prepare and care of cut flowers
- The elements and principles of design
- Digital images
What you will need to complete these sessions:
- Computer and access to the internet
- Quiet place to complete allocated tasks
- Microsoft Word or equivalent
When can you start your study program?Pearsons has four intakes each year so you can start your program in either:
Your flexible study programCourse details
- 2 day remote induction program
- 31 classroom days
- Class hours are 9am to 4.30pm
- 2-6 hours per week of self -paced study depending on your program.
- Students are required to complete 5 days of work experience
- All Flowers, foliage, wrapping and tools are included (except for 3 small assignments)
- Classic 9 month program - attend class one day per week
Note: All programs include three weeks where you will attend class an additional day – the first week, last week and one somewhere in the middle!
How long will it take to complete the Certificate III program?
One of the features of the Pearsons Certificate III program is FLEXIBILITY. The typical Pearsons student is busy juggling study, family, and work so we have developed three programs offering you choice as to how fast you complete your studies.
- Classic Program – attending class one day per week over 9 months.
- Accelerated Program - attending class up to two days per week over 6 months.
- Intensive Program – attending class three days per week over 3 months.
In each program there are three weeks where you will attend class an additional day – the first week, last week and one somewhere in the middle!
There are 32 class days and classes run from 9am to 4:30pm. And yes, plan for homework each week!
Each enrolment is valid for two years, giving you the flexibility to defer at any point and resume your studies within this timeframe.
Which program will suit you? Certificate III: 3, 6 or 9 months explained LEARN MORE
Enrichment programWhen you are a Pearsons (PSF) student you become a member of our extended family and have access to a range of resources unique to Pearsons. We call this our Enrichment Program and it is exclusive to Pearsons Certificate III students - past and present.
- Work experience opportunities with Pearsons and other leading Florists
- Visits to the Flower Markets and Flower Farms.
- Demonstrations by guest designers from Australia and around the world
Units of Competency
To be awarded SFL30115 Certificate III in Floristry all 21 units must be completed and assessed as competent by Pearsons School of Floristry. This can be achieved by successfully completing all practical assessments, theory assignments and formal work experience. Learn More
RTO provider number: 90454
Follow us on instragram @pearsonsschool to see what our students are doing in the classroom