Table of contents
What is covered in SFL30115 Certificate III in Floristry?
Certificate III will prepare you to start working as a professional Florist. The focus of this qualification is to build your:
- Flower Knowledge
- Design Skills
- Practical Floristry Skills
- Understanding of the floristry workplace
SFL30115 Certificate III in Floristry has 21 units or subjects and you must be assessed as competent in all units be be awarded your qualification. This can be achieved by successfully completing all practical assessments, theory assignments and formal work experience.
RTO (Registered Training Organisation) provider number: 90454
When can you start your study program?
Pearsons have FOUR intakes each year so you can start your program in either:
You will be offered a choice of study days at each intake.
How long will it take you to complete the Certificate III Program?
We offer flexible study options to suit your schedule. Most students choose to study the course over 9 months, studying one day per week. You may also choose to fast track your studies and finish the course in as little as 3 or 6 months.
Each enrolment is valid for two years, giving you the flexibility to defer at any point and resume your studies within this timeframe.
Your study program at Pearsons: 3, 6 or 9 months… up to 2 years!
Where are the classes held?
50 Oxford Street, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
Our campus is centrally located in Darlinghurst, a 10-minute walk from the Sydney CBD. It is close to trains and buses with a few parking stations close by.
Pearsons innovative program
The Pearsons program is a blend of classroom work and self-paced study.
- 2 Day Remote Induction program via TEAMS
- Attend 31 full-day classes at our Workshop in Darlinghurst
- 2-6 hours a week of self-paced study
- Most classes start at 9:30am and finish at 4:30pm
- Complete 5 days of work experience
- All classes are held at the Darlinghurst School location
- All Flowers, foliage, wrapping, and tools are included*
- Part time and Full-time study options available.
Remote induction program
Two days working from home - to be completed prior to your Classroom Program.
Over these two days you will join a series of live sessions via Microsoft Teams. Between sessions you will complete a series of tasks and communicate with your trainer. You will be allocated key assignments with due dates running throughout our program.
- Flower Knowledge
- Prepare and care of cut flowers
- The elements and principles of design
- Digital images
- Working Safely
What you will need to complete these sessions:
- Computer and access to the internet
- Quiet place to complete allocated tasks
- Microsoft Word or equivalent
Work experience and career opportunities
To complete your Certificate III program all students must undertake a minimum of 5-days of work in the industry. This can be paid or unpaid work and can be either at Pearsons or in any wedding or retail florist.
The Enrolment Process
Want to learn more before you enrol?
- Call our Enrolment Manager to discuss your study options 9550 7755
- BOOK AN INFORMATION SESSION - Attend a free information session to learn more about Pearsons School of Floristry courses and floristry as a career.
Register your interest
- Complete the PRE-ENROLMENT FORM with your study preferences
- Please review Pearsons Terms and Conditions prior to your enrolment. This includes payment terms, refund policy and fee protection.
- Enrol before the Early Bird Cut Off dates to be eligible for a course fee discount.
- Deposit must be paid at enrolment and is Non-refundable.
Can my training be subsidised by the NSW Government under Smart and Skilled?
LIMITED AVAILABILITY with strict entry and study criteria.
To study with Smart and Skilled funding at Pearsons, applicants must be:
- Between 18-21 years old or overworking in the FLORIST industry
- No longer at school
- Living or working in NSW
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
You can find more information on the Smart and Skilled study option here on our website.
2022 Course Fees
We offer you two payment options for SFL30115 Certificate III in Floristry.
OPTION 1: PRE-PAY IN FULL $10,500
(Early Bird Offer - see below to save)
Pay a $1,500 non-refundable Administration Fee to secure your enrolment. A balance of $9,000 is due two weeks prior to course commencement.
OPTION 2: Pay in INSTALMENTS $11,000
(Early Bird Offer - see below to save)
Pay $1,500 non-refundable Administration Fee to secure your enrolment.
The balance is divided into equal monthly payments based on the length of your study program. Fees are automatically deducted from your nominate bank account on the 1st of each month.
For students receiving an EARLY BIRD DISCOUNT:
- 9 month program: $1,000 per month for 9 months
- 6 month program: $1,500 per month for 6 months
- 3 month program: $3,000 per month for 3 months
Note: For students not receiving their Early Bird Discount your final instalment is an additional $500.
What is included in my fees:
- All tuition fees *
- All Flowers except for three assignments
- All wrapping, tools and sundries
- Pearsons Enrichment program
What is NOT included in my fees:
- Flowers for three assignments (Budget $200 WHOLESALE)
Replacement of lost Sundry Items and Workbooks
If you miss a class or want to repeat a class, you can subject to availability. There will be a material/admin fee.
Private Tuition *
Flowers and materials for optional SELF-PACED Tutorials
Early Bird Dates
ENROL before the EARLY BIRD CUT OFF and Save $500 off your STUDENT FEES.
EARLY BIRD CUT-OFF:
December 10, 2021
March 18, 2022
June 10, 2022
September 9, 2022
Contact us today
P: (02) 9550 7755
FOLLOW US @pearsonsschool
50 Oxford St, Darlinghurst NSW 2010
|ABN: 60 093 843 406||
RTO Provider No: 90454