The Smart and Skilled program allows students to have their fees partially subsidised by the NSW government. The program is a reform of the NSW Vocational Education and Training (VET) system. It allows people in NSW to get the skills they need to find a job and advance their careers.
In 2019 Pearsons School of Floristry will be offering limited funding opportunities through the Smart and Skilled funded program for a select amount of Certificate III students.
- The program takes the form of flexible delivery with a combination of classroom study and home study.
- This program is viewed as a FULL TIME COURSE.
- You must allocate a minimum of 20 hours per week to complete your studies. This covers Classroom sessions, homework and assignments.
- You must be flexible as to when you can study, Saturday classes are not available to Smart and Skilled funded students.
- The course will be undertaken over 9 to 12 months
- Your study schedule for the first clusters will be published two weeks before commencement. We cannot guarantee a specific study day.
- You need to successfully complete all 21 units to complete the qualification.
To read more information on the Certificate III course layout please download our brochure.
Are you eligible?
To study with Smart and Skilled funding at Pearsons, applicants must be:
- 18 years old or over
- No longer at school
- Living or working in NSW
- An Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident, humanitarian visa holder or New Zealand citizen
- Have a minimum of 8 hours of consistent work per week in the Floristry industry (this can be considered as either paid or un paid voluntary work) OR be between the ages of 18-21 years old – this is a Pearsons School requirement.
How to enrol:
1. Check your Eligibility for funding on the Smart and Skilled Website
2. Review your eligibility for Concessions/exemptions on the Smart and Skilled Website.
3. Gain employment in the Florist industry of a minimum of 8 hours per week if you are over the age of 21.
4. Organise a meeting with Pearsons School of Floristry Enrolment Manager to enrol.
5. Students will be required to complete a Language, Literacy and numeracy (LLN) test at interview stage.
To proceed with your enrolment please contact the school on: (02) 9550 7755 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Policies for Smart and Skilled funded students - 2019
PSF Smart and Skilled SFL30115 Certificate III in Floristry Student Information 2019
Smart and Skilled Fee Administration Policy from APRIL 2019-2020
PSF Smart and Skilled Fees, Charges and Refunds Policy
PSF Smart and Skilled Student Enrolment Process and Required Evidence
PSF USI Policy
Smart and Skilled Pre-Enrolment Forms
Smart and Skilled Consent and Eligibility Form May 2018
Click here for a full list of PSF Policies
Smart and Skilled Contact Details
Smart and Skilled Website: www.smartandskilled.nsw.gov.au
Smart and Skilled Customer Protection Policy: www.training.nsw.gov.au/forms_documents/smartandskilled/contract/consumer_protection_strategy.pdf
Smart and Skilled Contact Phone Number: 1300 77 2104